Women For Tri is about support, encouragement, and the will to transform the "impossible" into the possible! The 2017 Women For Tri Ambassadors promote the Women For Tri mission to introduce new women into the sport of triathlon and are chosen each year by the Women For Tri Board of Advisors based on a combination of factors, including overall contribution, influence and leadership in Women For Tri efforts.
In 2016, Women For Tri's Ambassador program piloted in 14 markets at select IRONMAN, Life Time Tri, Iron Girl, and Gildan Esprit de She events as well as the Nautica Malibu Triathlon. These races highlighted a range of distances including sprint, Olympic, IRONMAN 70.3, and full-distance IRONMAN events, with a few select running events.
The 2017 team will be comprised of regional female ambassadors dedicated to the Women For Tri initiatives. These athletes will represent Women For Tri during their 2017 race season and embrace Women For Tri’s mission to bring women into the sport of triathlon from April-December in 2017.
Women For Tri Ambassadors will receive:
- The Women For Tri welcome pack which includes: Women For Tri trucker hat, t-shirt or tank, stickers, and temporary tattoos.
- Access to the private Women For Tri Ambassador Facebook Group
Bio, photo, and social media links on the Women For Tri Website
- Monthly check-ins from the IRONMAN Foundation Athlete Engagement Coordinator
- The opportunity to submit a #whywetri post for consideration to the Women For Tri #WHY campaign
Women For Tri Ambassadors are expected to:
- Create a supportive community for women surrounding triathlon events. Ambassadors should be knowledgeable, encouraging, respectful, and patient with all athletes and ambassadors at all times.
- Wear Women for Tri merchandise at Women For Tri, IRONMAN, and Life Time events.
- When applicable and invited, represent Women For Tri at select Women For Tri and Life Time events.
- Organize a minimum of 2 social, triathlon-related activities for women in your local community and submit sign-in sheets from these events including the names and emails of the participants to the Athlete Engagement Coordinator.
- Post at least twice monthly on personal social channels regarding your activities as a Women For Tri Ambassador and include the Women for Tri hashtags: #whywetri #womenfortri and #committotri.
- Be responsible for the thoughtful addition of members to the Women For Tri Facebook Group.
- Participate in the @WhyWeTri community on Instagram and Twitter.
All female members of the Women for Tri Facebook Group, who are interested in supporting our mission to identify & diminish primary barriers to entry, mobilize triathlon advocates to encourage & engage female athletes across all distances & represent all athletic abilities, are encouraged to apply regardless of triathlon skill level or experience.
The 2017 Women For Tri Ambassador application window is now closed. If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also, make sure you are a member of the Women For Tri Facebook group to stay up-to-date on ambassador plans in your surrounding area.
A true test of endurance and the pinnacle distance in the sport of triathlon, an IRONMAN triathlon comprises of 2.4 miles swim, 112 miles bike and a marathon run (26.2 miles). IRONMAN events take place in scenic and challenging venues around the world.
Register for an IRONMAN event here
An IRONMAN 70.3 is half the distance of a 140.6-mile IRONMAN race and offers a more intense, and equally as satisfying experience. IRONMAN 70.3 events are an eclectic family, taking place in a mix of urban and rural venues from rodeo stadiums, to urban centers, to idyllic county parks.
Register for an IRONMAN 70.3 event here
Life Time Tri (Sprint and Olympic distances)
Life Time Tri Series produces premier Super Sprint, Sprint, and International triathlon race experiences in iconic U.S. destinations that welcome athletes of all athletic abilities.Year round, Life Time Tri Series shares the benefits of Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company by supporting athlete's goals with free
Starting Line 101 clinics, endurance coaching in Life Time clubs or online, and expert content to get you to the starting line with confidence. New in 2015, athletes can now earn IRONMAN All World Athlete points for Sprint and International distances.
Register for Life Time Tri Series event here
Nautica Malibu Triathlon
The Nautica Malibu Triathlon presented by Equinox welcomes athletes and spectators alike to join us on the spectacular shores of Malibu, California for this highly sought after event. Triathletes from around the country, corporate teams, professional athletes, Hollywood celebrities, and challenged athletes gather to race on one of the most beautiful race courses in the sport of triathlon all while supporting Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. Whether you are a novice triathlete or a seasoned veteran, a weekend warrior or a fan of one, join us for a beautiful day at the beach!
Women For Tri members receive $15 off race registration by using the code W4T2016
Iron Girl aspires to bring women of all ages together as a community by offering a supportive, energetic and empowering environment for females pursuing a healthy and active lifestyle.
Register for an Iron Girl event here
Esprit de She
Offering a race for every pace and passion, Esprit de She celebrates sisterhood and strength at 13 designer events nationwide. Plan a Thursday night fitness-inspired ‘happy hour’ 5K/10K, Duathlon or Triathlon followed by a post-race lifestyle market featuring a signature Bubbly Bar, Panasonic Beauty Bar powered by LifeSpa and bustling lifestyle market. Participants receive fashionable, performance race gear, healthy eats and much more.